1. Interest Intersection
On YouTube you need interest in two forms:
- Your interest: so you keep producing indefinitely
- Viewer interest: so people want to watch your content
To find this intersection, create in a proven niche.
Here are 9 niches to consider for 2023:
On YouTube, success leaves clues
I recommend taking note of who is doing well in your niche. Then study their channels extensively. Next I’ll share what aspects to emulate in the model channels you’re studying..
Analyze the channels:
- Branding consistency
- Use of power words in titles
- Mix of search and trending content
- How end screens are used to direct traffic
- What offers the channel is promoting
- Upload timing and frequency
- Use of community posts and Shorts
After you make 20-30 videos you need to assess your results to date
1. What videos got the most views?
2. What sources of traffic are generating the most views?
3. Which videos have the longest retention time?
Find what works then double down…
4. Concentrate on marketing
You market your videos using two things:
Most creators tackle these at the end, experts start with them first
Let’s dive into best practices for both
So you can see just how impactful good titles and thumbnails can be…
– Use intrigue
– Use power words
– Less than 50 characters
Which would you click on?
1. How to manage your credit card
2. The Video Credit Card Companies Don’t Want You to See
– 3 words or less
Here are great thumbnail examples:
Most creators give up because of a lack of financial returns
I totally get it…
Fortunately you don’t have to wait until you’re getting millions of views to make money
Newer channels can start with affiliate marketing
To do this, go to an affiliate network (e.g. Impact Radius)
Find a product or service relevant to your videos
Link to offer in description and pinned comment…
Below is how this would look and next we will go over some numbers
With a small channel getting 10,000 monthly views:
10,000 x 1% conversion x $50 commission = $5,000
With the right strategy, succeeding on YouTube is much easier than you think
Especially when you’re already making $1,000s a month…