WORLD POPULATION 2020

1
815

According to the UN report, the world population reached 7.8 billion as of March-2020, with 50.4 percent of it male and the remaining 49.6 percent female. The report also estimates that the world population is to increase by more than 1 billion people within the next 15 years, reaching 8.5 billion in 2030, and will increase further to 9.7 billion in 2050 and 11.2 billion by 2100.

The USCB estimates that the world population exceeded 7 billion on March 12, 2012. According to a separate estimate by the United Nations Population Fund, it reached this milestone on October 31, 2011

  • Asia most populous continent, with its 4.3 billion inhabitants accounting for over 59.9% of world population.
  • % of world population: China constituted 18.9%, India 17.6% United States 4.43% Indonesia 3.47% Brazil 2.82% and Pakistan 2.62%
  • The world’s two most-populated countries alone, China and India, together constitute about 36.5% of the world’s population. Population in the world is currently growing at a rate of 14% per year
  • Africa is the second-most-populated continent, with around 1 billion people, or 15.9% of world’s population.
  • Europe’s make up 10.1% of the world’s population, while Latin American and Caribbean regions are 9%
  • Northern America, primarily consisting of the USA and Canada, has 5% world’s population, and Oceania, the least-populated region, has 0.5% world’s population

POPULATION BY CONTINENT 

Continent Density (inhabitants/km2) Population (2017) Most populous country Most populous city
Asia 86.7 4,194,336,501 China (1,341,403,687) Tokyo (35,676,000)
Africa 32.7 995,527,534 Nigeria (152,217,341) Cairo (19,439,541)
Europe 70 739,523,843 Russia (143,300,000) Moscow (14,837,510)
North America 22.9 528,920,588 United States (313,485,438) Mexico City( 21,163,226)
South America 21.4 386,742,551 Brazil (190,732,694) Sao Paulo (19,672,582)
Oceania 4.25 36,162,072 Australia (22,612,355) Sydney (4,575,532)
Antarctica 0.0003 (varies) 4,510 (non-permanent) N/A McMurdo Station (955)

WORLD

Largest Country (Area) Smallest Country (Area) Largest Country (Population) Smallest Country (Population) Largest City (Population)
Russia Vatican City China Vatican City Tokyo

ASIA

Largest Country (Area) Smallest Country (Area) Largest Country (Population) Smallest Country (Population) Largest City (Population)
Russia Maldives China Maldives Tokyo

Note: Largest country in the world (10.995% of the world landmass); its Asian portion makes it the largest country in Asia, and its European portion makes it the largest country in Europe. Kazakhstan is the largest landlocked country in the world. The largest archipelagic state in the world by area and population and the largest Island country in the world is Indonesia

AFRICA

Largest Country (Area) Smallest Country (Area) Largest Country (Population) Smallest Country (Population) Largest City (Population)
Algeria Seychelles Nigeria Seychelles Cairo

NORTH AMERICA

Largest Country (Area) Smallest Country (Area) Largest Country (Population) Smallest Country (Population) Largest City (Population)
Canada Saint Kitts and Nevis United States Saint Kitts and Nevis Mexico City

SOUTH AMERICA

Largest Country (Area) Smallest Country (Area) Largest Country (Population) Smallest Country (Population) Largest City (Population)
Brazil Suriname Brazil Falkland Islands São Paulo (brazil)

AUSTRALIA

Largest Country (Area) Smallest Country (Area) Largest Country (Population) Smallest Country (Population) Largest City (Population)
Australia Nauru Australia Tuvalu

EUROPE

Largest Country (Area) Smallest Country (Area) Largest Country (Population) Smallest Country (Population) Largest City (Population)
Russia Vatican City Russia Vatican City Moscow

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here